Welcome to ‘Getting Your Business Online’.
Over the coming weeks I will provide helpful (jargon-free) advice that will assist business owners who want to set up a website.
It’s no secret that a website is an essential tool for businesses of any size.
Why? Here are a few good reasons:
- A website provides potential and existing customers with vital information about your business 24/7;
- A website can generate sales for your business 24/7;
- A website can expose your business to a wider audience – nationally and internationally;
- A website can assist in positioning you as the leader or expert in your field; and
- Done correctly, a website shows you are a professional and credible business.
This last point constantly rings true for my business. Every time I’m introduced to a new client, they ask “what is your website address so I can check out your previous work and clients”. Even though most of my new clients are word-of-mouth referrals, I have found that the design examples and client testimonials on my website really do help to ‘seal the deal’.
According to a recent survey conducted by MYOB*, only 35% of Australian businesses have a website.
I was amazed when I read this for the first time. Actually, it was the reason I decided to write this series.
Don’t let your business miss out on the benefits of a website because it all seems too hard! Join me over the coming weeks as I discuss topics such as:
- Planning – Where do I start?
- Working with a Web Designer/Developer
- Domain Name Registration
- Website Hosting
- Content Management & eCommerce
- Email Marketing
- Search Engine Optimisation & Marketing
- On-going Maintenance
Next time, I will discuss the importance of planning. I will provide you with a comprehensive list of questions that should be answered before starting on a website. It will help you to accurately assess what you really need so that you don’t “get a Ferrari when a Ford will do the job”.
Simon Bailey is a graphic & website designer with over 15 years experience. His business, Simon Bailey Design, is located on Sydney’s upper north shore and is dedicated to providing clients with Outstanding Design, Expert Advice and Professional Service.
*MYOB Business Monitor is a national survey of Australia’s business owners and directors conducted quarterly.
Latest posts by E-Web Marketing (see all)
- The Seven Deadly Sins of Link Building [Infographic] - August 8, 2017
- How Social Networks Can Help Your Startup - July 11, 2017
- How to Choose Social Media - February 15, 2017