Google made a whopping $37.9billion in revenues over 2011, with 96% of that revenue generating from advertising, despite revenue falling $300 million short of analyst expectations for the final quarter.
Top 5 Industries That Spent the Most on Google Ads 2011
- Finance & Insurance – $4.0 billion
- Retailers & General Merchandise – $2.8 billion
- Travel & Tourism – $2.4 billion
- Jobs & Education – $2.2 billion
- Home & Garden – $2.1 billion
The biggest spender for the year was Lowe’s, dropping a massive $59.1 million on Google Ads for the year. There must be some nice homes being done up!
Wordstream have published the below infographic of the top 10 industries that spend the most on Google Ads in 2011 and a closer look at these big players and keywords used for each industry.