The latest report from Australian telecoms research firm Telsyte predicts that the usage of smartphones will grow from the current figure of 8.5 million to 18.5 million over the next four years. To state the obvious, that’s a whopping growth of 10 million users!
Why Building for Mobile Matters
- By 2013, more people will use mobile phones than PCs to get online
- Mobile searches have quadrupled since 2010
- 71% of users expect a mobile site to load as fast as a desktop site
- 57% of consumers would not recommend a business with a bad mobile site
- 40% of users will turn to a competitor’s site after a bad mobile experience
- 95% of smartphone users have searched for local information. Of this 95%, 90% will act within 24 hours
- 50% of mobile searches lead to purchase
Depending on the nature of a business, this is set to increase both the traffic and revenue generated by consumers who use their smartphone as a primary mobile device. With million of users already on mobile devices, Go Mo (a Google initiative) has been launched to prepare your businesses site to be more pocket friendly.
Find Out How Your Site Appears to Your Customers!
One of the features of Go Mo is to find out how mobile friendly your existing site is based on the nature of your business and factors including site speed, text size and visibility of contact information. The feature also generates a free report available for download with advice and best mobile practices for building your site for the web.
So really the only question you should be asking yourself is: have you created a site for mobile devices for your business yet?