Hello, and welcome to a few facts you may or may not know about YouTube:
- YouTube exceeds 2 billion views a day. For a primetime audience in the United States, this is nearly double that of 3 major broadcast networks combined.
- There are 24 hours of video uploaded every minute.
- An average person spends 15 minutes a day on YouTube.
- 70% of Youtube’s traffic comes from outside the United States.
- In terms of advertising, YouTube’s partner ad revenue more than tripled in 2009.
And here’s the really mind-blowing part: YouTube is the second largest search engine in the world behind Google! So much for Bing …
Ongoing improvements to YouTube’s internal search algorithm have lead to better and more relevant results being returned to users who search on the video site. As a result, daily minutes per user rose by 55% in 2009.
Needless to say, YouTube represents a huge opportunity for online marketers! If you don’t have promotional videos for your business on YouTube already, you’d better get cracking … the good news is that YouTube is very user-friendly, so setting up an account and uploading a few videos is easy.
Now on to the next part – getting your videos found and watched by potential customers. Here are the top 3 things you can do to optimise your videos for both the YouTube and Google search results:
1. Video Titles
Place your keyword phrase at the beginning of the title if possible. This is similiar to writing a title tag for SEO. Don’t spam it!
Research related videos and add tags that these other videos also use. This will increase the number of search terms that your videos will rank and be found for.
Similar to meta descriptions for SEO, your video’s description should be about 150-200 words and include your most important keywords. Crucially, you should add your website’s URL to the description, right at the beginning. This will raise the likelihood of people seeing it.
Have you tried out any other ways to optimise your YouTube videos? How did they turn out? Feel free to leave a comment below.
Ciao for now …
- 10 Point Web Designer Checklist To Boost Sales and Drive Conversions Like a Pro - October 1, 2021
- Is your website healthy enough to attract big spenders as lockdowns ease? - September 29, 2021
- 7 Simple Principles of Website Design That Impact User Experience - August 3, 2021