The importance of link building in SEO cannot be ignored. As with many things in life, what you have to work the hardest for will more often than not have the biggest value and return. Having said this, I am going to talk about the need to think outside the box when working your link building strategy. Why do we need to think and strategise for link building? The main reason being the importance to search engine rankings; we know how important they are considered by Google and to ignore this means that a website’s ranking potential will never be realised.
The prominence of link value in the Google algorithm is not only getting stronger but more complex, as they take into consideration elements use as user data, domain age and other relatively hard to fake factors. A link is a popularity vote. The more popular kids always get chosen to play, right? If you are counted as popular by the bigger and trendier kids then that would be more powerful than being adored by all the primary school kids. Now I’m not going to carry on about website popularity like an episode of 90210 however it’s important to consider, what makes a site popular and what can you do to encourage people to link to you?
Some ideas to get your creative linking mind working:
- Create content and dress your site for success – make your site attractive for others to link
- E.g. Create 10 easy tips to help you <insert topic here> articles as these are easy to link to
- PPC – boost your traffic through a targeted PPC campaign that will attract people to your important information in the hope they will then link to it
- News and Syndication – get involved on other sites that encourage users to post information and news such as EzineArticles, GoArticles, iSnare, etc.
- Directories, Meme Trackers and Social Bookmarking – submit your site to directories, paid and non-paid. Tag related sites on social book marking sites like Del.icio.us. Memetracker – if you write about popular and spreading ideas with lots of unique content (and then link to some of the original resources), your site may get listed as a source on a meme tracker site.
- Network – capitalise on your social and business networks by developing strategies to reach out to those who will want to link to your site
There are many ways in which you can build links and the more creative you get then maybe the more effective that strategy will be. As getting links gets harder the more important it becomes to think outside the box and plan for linking success.
Check this article here for an expanded list of ideas on how to build links.
- 10 Point Web Designer Checklist To Boost Sales and Drive Conversions Like a Pro - October 1, 2021
- Is your website healthy enough to attract big spenders as lockdowns ease? - September 29, 2021
- 7 Simple Principles of Website Design That Impact User Experience - August 3, 2021