Google Adsense have recently made a change to their Terms of Service (TOS) on the Google Adsense blog. It affects the way in which affiliates can earn money for people signing up for Adsense through their blogs.
The current setup works like this:
- If you refer someone to AdSense who makes $5 within 180 days you get a payment of $5.
- If you refer someone to AdSense who makes $100 within 180 days you get $250
- If you refer 25 people who make $100 within a 180 day period you get a bonus payment of $2000
However the new setup will work differently, by that if you refer someone to AdSense who makes $100 within a 180 day period you get $100.
As Darren Rowse of ProBlogger states:
“This removes the incentive to refer anyone who is a small publisher and it removes the incentive to work hard at referring multiple publishers. In fact it removes quite a bit of incentive to use the program at all.”
If this hasnt infused some negative feedback from Bloggers worldwide, than the following will.
Adsense Referrals are now not allowed for Publishers outside of North America, Latin America and Japan.
By the sounds of things, some of the worlds most prestigous bloggers are not happy one bit. It will be interesting to follow this as it develops to see whether Google will retreat on their new policies.
Latest posts by E-Web Marketing (see all)
- The Seven Deadly Sins of Link Building [Infographic] - August 8, 2017
- How Social Networks Can Help Your Startup - July 11, 2017
- How to Choose Social Media - February 15, 2017