Anyone familiar with E-Web’s approach to SEO will know how much we stress the importance of blogs as a way to add content to a website on a consistent basis.
Blogs are a big deal for Google these days. As well as blog posts appearing frequently in Google’s organic search results, the Google SERPs feature side navigation with the option to specifically select results just from blogs.
Below are listed only some of the reasons that a blog is one of the greatest things that any site can have if it wants to get noticed by search engines.
Other benefits of a blog include:
- keeps a website fresh and updated
- grows page count
- encourages search engines to visit a site more frequently
- highlights a website as regularly updated and therefore current and relevant
- keeps site ahead of its competitors
- provides users with a reason to keep coming back
A recent article written by Rick Burnes from hubspot showed some insightful data compiled from a pool of small businesses which had a blog on their website and those which didn’t. Data was taken from 1,531 HubSpot customers (mostly small and medium-sized businesses). 795 of the businesses in the sample blogged, 736 didn’t.
The data was crystal clear: Companies that blog have far better marketing results. On average, the average company website that regularly updates its blog has:
- 55% more visitors
- 97% more inbound links
- 434% more indexed pages
Are you motivated to start blogging yet?
Latest posts by E-Web Marketing (see all)
- Why do most businesses fail at digital marketing? - March 20, 2019
- The Seven Deadly Sins of Link Building [Infographic] - August 8, 2017
- How Social Networks Can Help Your Startup - July 11, 2017