Valleywag reports yesterday on a new patent application filed by Google that details plans to build a “Water-based Datacenter”.
Features outlined include;
- Power generation using the ocean currents
- Ocean water used to aid cooling of the servers
- Use of wind energy to generate further power
Valleywag also points out the opportunities that having their data floating in international waters would present to Google from tax and legal points of view. A very interesting patent application indeed – it’s this type of “outside the box” thinking that keeps Google ahead of the pack.
Latest posts by E-Web Marketing (see all)
- The Seven Deadly Sins of Link Building [Infographic] - August 8, 2017
- How Social Networks Can Help Your Startup - July 11, 2017
- How to Choose Social Media - February 15, 2017