Interesting data came out of out a of a leading research company, Comscore recently, and the results showed that over 25.3 billion videos were viewed by US internet users. Given that about 161 million U.S. Internet users watched online videos during the month of August 2009, not only is this that largest ever recorded audience, but also the highest average number of videos viewed per user during that one month time period (on average 157 videos per user in the US).
Even more interesting, is that:
- The average online video viewer watched 582 minutes of video, which is equivalent to 9.7 hours in front of the screen.
- Google sites attracted 121.4 million unique visitors.
- YouTube.com accounted for 99 percent of all videos viewed on the Google network.
These statistics need to be taken with a grain of salt from a internet marketer point of view since the majority of videos viewed are not business related. For a complete list of results and breakdown of video usage visit the Comscore website.
Latest posts by E-Web Marketing (see all)
- The Seven Deadly Sins of Link Building [Infographic] - August 8, 2017
- How Social Networks Can Help Your Startup - July 11, 2017
- How to Choose Social Media - February 15, 2017