Blog

We have long discussed how to understand the bounce rate in Google Analytics, and its effects on SEO rankings. The amount of eyeballs that view your website and exit is just as important as the ones that convert. Look at it this way, if your website gets 10,000 visitors per day, and 90% (9,000 people) leave your website without scrolling, clicking a button or visit any...

Read More

Dear website owners, If you have landed on this page, I can assume you are about to design a landing page, but are doing some research before hand to make sure its as optimized as it can be. After watching my first two tip series on best practices and shopping cart abandonment, you will already understand how important landing pages are. Done well, an optimised landing page creates an...

Read More

Dear Website owners, If you have not viewed my Introduction to Conversion Rate Optimisation from last week, I recommend you watch it first before jumping into this one. You can view it here. One of the biggest issues e-commerce websites have is customers abandoning their shopping cart before they put through their payment details. While there are many factors that contribute to this, I have collected by...

Read More

"Use what your mama gave you." You know the saying. Make the most of what you have. And that's exactly what Facebook Lookalike Audiences are all about. Launched in 2012, Facebook have recently started rolling out the feature that allows you to create custom audiences based on your brands pre-existing customers to select advertisers. Using your existing audience, Facebook will use the information you provide to reach...

Read More

[caption id="attachment_14467" align="alignleft" width="128"] Leading Public Speaker, Sam Cawthorn[/caption] Imagine this. You confidently step up to the stage without any nerves, you make the presentation of your life, you finish your presentation and you get a standing ovation. How good would that feel? To quote Jarod Kintz, "99% of the population is afraid of public speaking, and of the remaining 1%, 99% of them have nothing original and interesting to say." I'm inclined...

Read More

Have you recently re-branded your business? Changed your business name entirely? at your Facebook Page name perhaps? Regardless of which category you fall into, there’s a good chance you’ll want to edit your Facebook Page name to either reflect the changes or rectify the error. Now, at first this might seem like a straightforward endeavour - surely you just have to edit your profile...

Read More

Website content is a common afterthought for many website launches. It is not uncommon for website launches to focus on design and functionality, with Lorem Ipsum text filling in the space for copy until just before a site goes live. Design and functionality are important, but what about the copy to compel your audience to do business with you? In a traditional bricks and mortar...

Read More