Imagine playing games like Madden NFL, FIFA 10, Grand Theft Auto and Rock Band on your Playstation 3 and incorporating customisations from your Facebook social network data.
What would this look like?
- Personalised team-players that look like your friends in Madden NFL and FIFA 10
- Billboards and logos in Grand Theft Auto that reflect the things you have indicated as your “Likes.”
- Add your personal playlist for Rockband
According to Eric Lempel, Vice President of Sony Computer Entertainment:
The biggest game developers are interested in developing with the Facebook integration in mind. The first such games will be out for the Holiday gift-buying season.
200 million people already play Facebook games, but that market does not bring in close to the potential that PS3 games bring in, which is about $20 billion a year. So if the new PS3 integration gets off the ground, it will be a very lucrative opportunity for Facebook.
For more information on the latest story check out Readwriteweb.
Latest posts by E-Web Marketing (see all)
- Why do most businesses fail at digital marketing? - March 20, 2019
- The Seven Deadly Sins of Link Building [Infographic] - August 8, 2017
- How Social Networks Can Help Your Startup - July 11, 2017