Social media and iPhone apps have arrived on the Australian and New Zealand slopes this winter, providing the skiing and boarding enthusiast options to track the ‘air time’ from a jump, or the newbie skier or boarder to track their way around the mountain if lost on a run.
Snow resorts such as Perisher, Falls Creek and Mount Bulla have launched mini sites, iPhone apps, e-news subscriptions and text messages for snow bunnies to track their ski miles, find a friend on the slope, access the snow reports and find a warm food or drink spot on the slope or in the village.
An online community, snowtweeters.com, collates all snow-related tweets for your chosen ski or ride destination.
For the diehard skier or boarder, there are two fun iPhone apps:
- Ski-o-meter: tracks your downhill speed, distance covered, and provides a diagram of the slopes height profile and speed over time.
- Hangtimer : records how much time you spend in the air when making a ski hump in terrain park and where in the world you did it.
Latest posts by E-Web Marketing (see all)
- The Seven Deadly Sins of Link Building [Infographic] - August 8, 2017
- How Social Networks Can Help Your Startup - July 11, 2017
- How to Choose Social Media - February 15, 2017