Google have continued to roll out amazing updated reports and aspects of their latest version of Google Analytics, now released to all users (as an optional). I have been following these developments closely and am bringing you the most recent updates about these exciting new features.
The latest update from Google informs us that we now have the ability to measure page load speed time and also get an understanding about the site’s overall speed. There are three major reasons that we should be interested in having such information from an online marketing perspective:
- Site load speed impacts SEO – More than ever, this factor is important to achieving search engine rankings.
- AdWords Landing Page Quality – The speed of AdWords landing pages affects Quality Score, and therefore how much you pay for your ad clicks.
- Conversion Abilty – If users experience a below average loading time then this will definitely negatively impact on your website’s ability to convert.
What other useful things can site speed tell you about your website?
- Content: Which landing pages are slowest?
- Traffic sources: How do different sources measure against page load times?
- Visitor: How does page load time vary across geographic origin?
- Technology: Does your site load faster or slower for different browsers?
I want it but how do I get it?
Latest posts by E-Web Marketing (see all)
- Why do most businesses fail at digital marketing? - March 20, 2019
- The Seven Deadly Sins of Link Building [Infographic] - August 8, 2017
- How Social Networks Can Help Your Startup - July 11, 2017