I was sitting on a bus to work the other day. The traffic was slow thanks to Sydney peak hour. My eyes were getting a little tired so I looked up and saw the advertisements on the buses. The printed banners displayed were from Virgin Mobile. The messaging was:
“If you’re looking up here, you’ve probably run out of data”
I had a little chuckle – how people interact with information in their daily lives has changed so much. More people look down to their mobile and it’s not surprising to anyone that most of life’s activities, from shopping for groceries to buying a gift for a wife’s birthday present, are done online.
Based on statistics collected in 2013 by Super Monitoring.
- 91% of the world’s population have a mobile phone
- 56% of people own a smart phone
- 50% of mobile phone users use mobile as their primary Internet source
- 80% of time on mobile is spent inside apps
- 72% of tablet owners purchase online from their tablets each week
- 85% of mobile users expect website to load faster or at least as fast as on their desktop
- 57% of users had a problem with a mobile site, this includes slow loading time or the website just being too difficult to navigate
- 50% of the above traffic will not return to a website if it performs badly
Which leads to why 33% of people will leave to go to a competitors website.
So now you have the numbers, ask yourself, “Does my mobile website covers all the basics to assist mobile users?”
If not, then download our FREE five-page mobile wireframe guide to create a user-friendly (read: conversion friendly) experience:
- 10 Point Web Designer Checklist To Boost Sales and Drive Conversions Like a Pro - October 1, 2021
- Is your website healthy enough to attract big spenders as lockdowns ease? - September 29, 2021
- 7 Simple Principles of Website Design That Impact User Experience - August 3, 2021