Earlier this month, Facebook announced the release of “Places”, an interactive feature that allows users to share the places that they visit with friends and other users.
You may be familiar with the mobile application Foursquare already, which is very similar to what the latest offering from Facebook.
The main features offered for users of Facebook Places:
- Check in to various Places, such as your local cafe or bar, and notification will appear on the Places page on Facebook.
- Places updates are also shared on your Wall and in your friends’ News Feeds.
- Tag a friend to make them part of the update, encouraging them to come and join you.
- Checking into the “Here Now” of a particular place will show you all the people also checked in where you are, or nearby.
Of course, the major benefit of Facebook Places for businesses is that it generates awareness of business physical store locations in the social media world. It will be interesting to see whether Places comes to be utilised as a marketing tool similar to Foursquare, which many businesses utilise to offer virtual loyalty programs and competitions based around the frequency of users checking into their locations.
Places can be used touch.facebook.com or on the iPhone Facebook App.
- 10 Point Web Designer Checklist To Boost Sales and Drive Conversions Like a Pro - October 1, 2021
- Is your website healthy enough to attract big spenders as lockdowns ease? - September 29, 2021
- 7 Simple Principles of Website Design That Impact User Experience - August 3, 2021