Welcome back to my live coverage of the developments within the Google Analytics world as each week we are seeing the release of many new and value-adding features to the already-pretty-cool popular web analytics tool.
This week I will outline the improvements made to Mobile Reporting, one of the latest developments in the new version of Google Analytics (which is now off beta and available to everyone so go now and check it out! Wait, maybe you should finish reading this post first).
Mobile Reporting is not a brand new feature to Google Analytics however it has been improved to add more pizazz to your analysis (analyzizazz if you will).
These new reports are very cool and very necessary when we take into account the current growth in usage of smartphones and tablets. Savvy business owners will be catching onto this and planning now to avoid being left in the dust.
We now have two new reports to play with:
- Mobile Overview – simply shows us the breakdown between mobile traffic and non-mobile traffic.
- Devices Report – this nifty report shows information about the various devices that frequent your site. In here you can drill down to Mobile Device Info, Mobile Device Branding and Mobile Input
Do you think that mobile is something you can continue to ignore? Do you need some ammo to take to the powers that be to get them to recognise opportunity in mobile for your business? Interested to find out what types of mobiles your users are using? If you answered yes to any of these questions then it’s time to get into the action and check these stats out in action!
- 10 Point Web Designer Checklist To Boost Sales and Drive Conversions Like a Pro - October 1, 2021
- Is your website healthy enough to attract big spenders as lockdowns ease? - September 29, 2021
- 7 Simple Principles of Website Design That Impact User Experience - August 3, 2021