Valleywag reports yesterday on a new patent application filed by Google that details plans to build a “Water-based Datacenter”.
Features outlined include;
- Power generation using the ocean currents
- Ocean water used to aid cooling of the servers
- Use of wind energy to generate further power
Valleywag also points out the opportunities that having their data floating in international waters would present to Google from tax and legal points of view. A very interesting patent application indeed – it’s this type of “outside the box” thinking that keeps Google ahead of the pack.
- 10 Point Web Designer Checklist To Boost Sales and Drive Conversions Like a Pro - October 1, 2021
- Is your website healthy enough to attract big spenders as lockdowns ease? - September 29, 2021
- 7 Simple Principles of Website Design That Impact User Experience - August 3, 2021