Google Search is constantly evolving and one of the new features you may have noticed is called “Instant Previews”. The whole idea behind this concept is to provide users with an instant snapshot of what the whole website looks like. All you have to do is hover over the magnifying glass icon next to the title of the search result and a preview pops up.
According to Google, 5% of people are more likely to be satisfied with the results they click.
Benefits of Previews are:
- Quicker comparison of results allow you to pick a handful results that closely match what you are looking for. For example, if you are just looking for a shopping site, you can easily see this through preview as opposed to a website that is just an information portal.
- Visual bookmarking allows you to be quickly sift out very similar websites. Sometimes search results are so similar that they almost force the user to give up on further searches.
- Allows for search efficiency as pages load up through preview in under one-tenth of a second. This is a major step to search as some websites take four to five seconds to load up.
Has anyone tried using the Search preview function?
- 7 Simple Principles of Website Design That Impact User Experience - August 3, 2021
- Apple’s privacy update (what does it mean for small businesses)? - July 15, 2021
- 6 Influential Ways Web Development Impacts Your Marketing Strategy - July 8, 2021