Imagine playing games like Madden NFL, FIFA 10, Grand Theft Auto and Rock Band on your Playstation 3 and incorporating customisations from your Facebook social network data.
What would this look like?
- Personalised team-players that look like your friends in Madden NFL and FIFA 10
- Billboards and logos in Grand Theft Auto that reflect the things you have indicated as your “Likes.”
- Add your personal playlist for Rockband
According to Eric Lempel, Vice President of Sony Computer Entertainment:
The biggest game developers are interested in developing with the Facebook integration in mind. The first such games will be out for the Holiday gift-buying season.
200 million people already play Facebook games, but that market does not bring in close to the potential that PS3 games bring in, which is about $20 billion a year. So if the new PS3 integration gets off the ground, it will be a very lucrative opportunity for Facebook.
For more information on the latest story check out Readwriteweb.
- 7 Simple Principles of Website Design That Impact User Experience - August 3, 2021
- Apple’s privacy update (what does it mean for small businesses)? - July 15, 2021
- 6 Influential Ways Web Development Impacts Your Marketing Strategy - July 8, 2021