Are you worried about how Google Caffeine will affect your website rankings?
Do you want to improve your quality score for your Adwords campaign?
An emerging theme of the new Google algorithm seems to be speed and the time in which it loads up pages for users. The rationale is that Google wants their web pages to load up as quick as it takes to flick a page of a magazine.
According to Matt Cutts, a software engineer at Google:
Based on what Matt Cutts has said, it may seem to be on the cards in the upcoming years. The only thing is that it is such a big task to implement that it will allow webmasters out there to adjust and make appropriate changes to their site before the new Caffeine rolls out.
Although web page speed factor has not been made official as part of the algorithm, we always encourage and help our clients to reduce the amount of coding on their website as best practice. Therefore, this change to Google’s algorithms won’t really be an issue since we have already taken pre-emptive steps to make sure all bases are covered.
Google has started to provide webmasters with tools that can help them optimise their sites and more specifically, speeding up load times for web pages.
Some tips to increase website speed is to:
- Include Gzip pages
- Reduce the size of image files on the page
- Use externally loaded video files such as Youtube
- 10 Point Web Designer Checklist To Boost Sales and Drive Conversions Like a Pro - October 1, 2021
- Is your website healthy enough to attract big spenders as lockdowns ease? - September 29, 2021
- 7 Simple Principles of Website Design That Impact User Experience - August 3, 2021