Social media and iPhone apps have arrived on the Australian and New Zealand slopes this winter, providing the skiing and boarding enthusiast options to track the ‘air time’ from a jump, or the newbie skier or boarder to track their way around the mountain if lost on a run.
Snow resorts such as Perisher, Falls Creek and Mount Bulla have launched mini sites, iPhone apps, e-news subscriptions and text messages for snow bunnies to track their ski miles, find a friend on the slope, access the snow reports and find a warm food or drink spot on the slope or in the village.
An online community, snowtweeters.com, collates all snow-related tweets for your chosen ski or ride destination.
For the diehard skier or boarder, there are two fun iPhone apps:
- Ski-o-meter: tracks your downhill speed, distance covered, and provides a diagram of the slopes height profile and speed over time.
- Hangtimer : records how much time you spend in the air when making a ski hump in terrain park and where in the world you did it.
- 7 Simple Principles of Website Design That Impact User Experience - August 3, 2021
- Apple’s privacy update (what does it mean for small businesses)? - July 15, 2021
- 6 Influential Ways Web Development Impacts Your Marketing Strategy - July 8, 2021