Publishing guest posts on domains other than your own is a great way to connect with industry influencers and attract highly qualified visitors to your website. To get the most out of guest posting, you’d ideally want to publish your content to a top tier blog that already has an established audience.
Where do I find blogs that will accept my guest post?
The first step is finding someone who is willing to develop a guest posting partnership. Blogs related to your industry, but are not run by direct competitors, are often good candidates to approach. You can also ask your colleagues if they have any contacts who might be interested, or try to connect with potential partners via LinkedIn or at professional networking events.
Google is the next step beyond your professional circle. Search for terms related to your business, to uncover blogs that have accepted guest posts in the past. To further refine your search results, try adding qualifying terms such as “guest post” and “guest author” to the end of your search query. You can then approach promising blogs about a guest posting deal.
What should I write?
Studying the blog you’ll be guest writing for will give you a good idea about the subject matter and writing style that will provide the most value to its visitors. Writing about a topic that complements a recent article can create a good “content flow” for returning visitors. Just make sure to avoid repeating topics that have already been covered, and creating content around a subject you are unfamiliar with.
Why does this matter to me?
The image above sums it up pretty well. Websites that are developing their link profile through sites with little authority are essentially wasting their time writing articles that will not be read. Whereas guest posting on a high authority website will:
- Give you a quality link back to your own website
- Increase the social buzz around your post as visitors share/comment/mention it
- Raise your author profile
- Create new opportunities to connect with influential people in your industry
Have you had any success in a guest posting partnership? I’d love to hear about it in the comments! 🙂
- 7 Simple Principles of Website Design That Impact User Experience - August 3, 2021
- Apple’s privacy update (what does it mean for small businesses)? - July 15, 2021
- 6 Influential Ways Web Development Impacts Your Marketing Strategy - July 8, 2021