We all know that social media is a powerful networking medium for businesses to create and increase their online presence.
Businesses that are actively involved in social media and seen as very social online are easier for people to refer. Using social media networks such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter can be very advantageous for businesses to promote themselves to become more connected with their customers and socially involved with various communities.
People may be more likely to refer your business if they can see your active participation and engagement with others through tweets, Facebook comments and blog posts.
Below are some tips from the article ‘Why You Aren’t Getting New Business Referrals’ to actively encourage referrals from your customers through social media:
- Monitor your primary social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn) and thank people, to show your appreciation if they are talking about your business (of course not if they are saying negative things about you).
- If people are saying negative things about your business, ask them why this is the case and see if you can help. Being active with negative feedback can help you find out a solution to prevent this from being a regular occurrence.
- Engage (with your users, fans, customers) by using social media to inform and assist them by being approachable and helpful.
- Keep in touch with existing customers and clients to ensure you are not forgotten, such as sending a mail newsletter each month.
- Ask people for referrals through all the forms of social media. It’s as simple as that. You may even like to promote a special offer for existing clients if they send you through a referral.
- 7 Simple Principles of Website Design That Impact User Experience - August 3, 2021
- Apple’s privacy update (what does it mean for small businesses)? - July 15, 2021
- 6 Influential Ways Web Development Impacts Your Marketing Strategy - July 8, 2021